x

“Add to cart” button disable until address is added + select delivery date

Hi Everyone,

I am just setting up my new catering online shop in Square Up and I’ve found 2 issues which deteriorate the user experience badly:

In my case, I only offer the local delivery option for my products.

Issue 1: When trying to add an item to the cart, the button “Add to cart”  is disabled until a delivery address is provided. I truly believe that the address validation should happen on the checkout process, but if it needs to be kept as it is, then an error message or disclaimer should appear explaining the customer that the address needs to be entered before. There is a small disclaimer saying Enter a delivery address to add to the cart, but in my case this text is too small and hard to read because of the font colour (I can’t change the font colour, does anyone know how to do it?)

Issue 2: I need my clients to decide when the order needs to be delivered, therefore the calendar section is key for me. I believe this section should be bigger in the checkout area and, in my case, I don’t want a calendar day selected by default. Because this can result in all my clients ordering their products for the next calendar day by mistake.

Can anyone help with these issues?

Thank you so much.

Aixa.

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Aixa, thank you for your post and the detailed feedback! I can see that this is your first port here with us on the Community, welcome aboard! 

Happy to take a look into your query for you. Would you mind providing a link to your website so that I can take a look? This will allow me to see if what you are asking is possible and provide relevant information if it is. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6

Hi Skyler,

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

Sure, my website is www.culynart.com

Thanks again,

Aixa.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @Aixa, just stepping in for Skyler, thanks for sharing your site, it looks great! 

It looks like your items are not currently in stock so I wasn't able to test them, however, I had a look in our support centre and under the Customer Experience section here, it is mentioned that customers will need to enter their address as a first step. This is a feature flag that we cannot change at this moment, unfortunately. 

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.48.24.png

With regard to the calendar view, are you seeing something like the image below? And you would like for it to be more visible before you click the HOW TO GET IT? section? If so, I see what you mean but I think this would also be a feature request. I will let you confirm though! 

Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.52.29.png

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 4 of 6

Hi Breffni,

Thank you for your message. You should be able to test the flow because my items are in stock but with a price of 0 because they are not ready to be sold.

I didn’t know I could attached images, that make things easier. About the issue 1, this is what I am referring to. The text is difficult to read because its colour doesn’t ”match” with my background colour, but I can’t change it.

Also, since this is a mandatory step in order to add the items to the cart, I believe the size should be bigger!

C96BD5BB-A661-47BC-9098-597E3546F1BD.jpeg

About the item 2, I believe the section highlighted below should have “more importance” on the screen, otherwise there is a high risk that the client continues the flow without changing the date here.

I truly believe this step should have a own screen between the previous one (adding the item to the chart) and this one.

1FB6CB6D-1F88-4BE5-953D-B8C1CA1F93C7.jpeg

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Aixa.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Ahh, yes, I see what you mean, thanks. The font does not stand out well with the background you have selected especially. 

Both of these requests would be feature requests at the moment @Aixa, unfortunately.

You can submit both to our Square Online teams here. Please be sure to include some details about how you'd use this in your business day-to-day - it really helps highlight why a given feature request should be prioritised. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 6 of 6