x

Adding contactless device to Team member's device?

Hey folks. I have one contactless reader, which I connected to my iPhone no problem. But my team member tried to connect to it, and it gave her "You do not have permissions to do this".  Any idea what setting or where to look to allow her to connect to the bluetooth reader?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hello @KatKatniss,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Happy to assist with this. Quick question, when setting up your employee, did you create a specific role and set of permissions to go along with it? Or did you use a pre-made set of permissions offered by the dashboard?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4

I believe i set her up with the preset permissions but just went back in to play around with them. Is there something to ‘allow’ specifically that will let her connect to the chip reader? 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Understood.

I would log onto your dashboard, click on:

"Team" > Click on the team member in your list experiencing the issue > Click on "Edit" next to "Permissions" > Click "edit" again, Scroll down the permissin list to Account & Settings > find and make sure "Configure Hardware Settings" (Set up card readers, printer stations, USB cash drawers, scales, and barcode scanners) is enabled. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4