x

Appointments app keeps crashing when i try to book an appointment.

i just started using the appointments app 3 days ago and had no trouble at first. Now when i try to book an appointment and select a service, the app crashes and takes me back to my home screen of my ipad.  I’ve updated my iOS, deleted and reinstalled the apps on all my devices and also called tech, with no success. Anyone have any fixes or thoughts?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @LMRhoda, sorry to hear about the trouble you've been encountering—that shouldn't be happening.

I went to take a closer look into this and I can see that this has been escalated to our engineering team. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for updates.

Apologies again for the frustration. The team member assisting with your case will follow up with you directly as soon as any updates become available.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

I am having a similar issue. When we go to checkout in the Appointments app, it crashes. The only way to fix it is to delete the app and reinstall. This has happened the past two days. Never had this issue previously.

Message 3 of 7

@joshm8999 that is definitely concerning behavior for the the app.

You shouldn't have to delete the app and reinstall it after every couple of days. Have you had the chance to reach out to our Appointments Customer Success Team? They'll be able to have our Engineering Team look into why the app is crashing on your device. 

Message 4 of 7

Since posting this, I’ve not had any problems with the app. For whatever reason when this was happening, my service list was deleted as well. I ended up having to recreate my list of services and haven’t had a problem since. But i am continuing to keep a paper book as well until enough time passes and I’m comfortable the issue was a fluke.  Just make sure you do the regular updates on your devices. I have a suspicion that it was because my phone was updated and my tablet wasn’t. When i updated my tablet that’s when my service list disappeared, but the crashes stopped.  Good luck to you. 

Message 5 of 7

We are having this same issue for the last couple of months and can't solve it. We deleted, re-installed most current versions of app and iOS and still keeps crashing randomly when trying to book an appointment and it crashes some other times doing other tasks. We sent in a support ticket awhile ago with no response - can anyone help with this? We are going to have to move on should we not be able to solve this, major incovenience for running day-to-day. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@tlupo Really sorry to hear the app is crashing, it definitely shouldn't be! It sounds like you have done a lot of troubleshooting steps but there are a few more steps listed in this article that might help: Troubleshoot Your Square Appointments App.

I've also started a new email case for you with our Apointments team, I'm sorry that you didn't hear back when you contacted us before. Keep an eye out for their email too, we'll help you to get back up an running ASAP!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 7