x

Appointments not syncing

Square Appointments stopped synching to my Google calendar 3 days ago. I changed nothing; no settings or anything. It just stopped working.

I am going through all the settings for both Square and Google to see if something was changed surreptitiously, but it all appears to be in order. I submitted fetch requests on both ends as well... and it just isn't going through.

Is Square Appointments having server issues? It's been 3 days and a miracle I haven't missed any appointments, but this is pretty dangerous to my business.

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @DaoDeJing 

That's super strange!
My guess is that it might be related to the massive Google Outage that happened a few days ago. It did have an impact on some Square-Google things, so maybe that's something that wasn't noticed.

I definitely would suggest calling Square Support if you haven't already, so they can look into it deeper.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @DaoDeJing 

That's super strange!
My guess is that it might be related to the massive Google Outage that happened a few days ago. It did have an impact on some Square-Google things, so maybe that's something that wasn't noticed.

I definitely would suggest calling Square Support if you haven't already, so they can look into it deeper.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 15

Problem solved! I just went into my Appointments settings and un-synced the calendars, then set it all up again from scratch. It took about 20 minutes for anything to happen but now it appears to be working again.

It's still very concerning though, how I wasn't receiving any error messages from either Square or Google. The settings in Square appointments just showed a 3-day-old "last sync" date, while Google showed me nothing.

It'd be great to get some sort of alert when calendar sync fails. Otherwise I'd only find out when a customer calls wondering why the door is locked despite them having an appointment! Not good.

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

@DaoDeJing 

I'm glad that disconnecting and reconnecting the calendars worked!

It definitely sounds like it was related to the Google Outage then.

Yea, that's very strange that it didn't give you any kind of alerts or anything. The whole google calendar sync system could be a little more polished anyway, so hopefully Square is working on things on that front.

Maybe setting up other non-google related Square Appointments Notifications could be a good idea as a backup?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 15

I'm experiencing same thing

Message 5 of 15

Yes its still not working for me too.  I don't know why it stopped syncing.

Message 6 of 15

Me too.  I cannot seem to link back up to it.  The LINK TO GOOGLE CALENDAR icon is faded and I am unable to click it.  Therefore I cannot sync my calendar.  Very inconvenient as I may be missing appointments. 

Message 7 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @SWesley1 have you verified that your Appointments Plus or Premium subscriptions are active? If you haven't subscribed yet, you can find the details and pricing here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 15

I have the same problem! I've been using square (for free) for years ... and suddenly my appointments calendar stopped syncing. this is outrageous as it's upending my ability to run my business.

Do I now need a paid account to sync my appointments to my Google calendar?

Did square change its policy without letting customers know?

If so, this is outrageous.

Otherwise, before I leave Square altogether please lmk how to fix this problem.

Message 9 of 15

Tzivia

Have you heard from Square at all?   I totally agree it is outrageous that they just stopped syncing appointment to our Google calendar WITHOUT notification.  Or at least have the courtesy to let us know it is a paid feature now although almost $30 a month seems equally outrageous.  

I am at a loss as how to even contact them.  There is NO-ONE to speak to.

Message 10 of 15

Hi SWesley1,

Thank you for sharing my outrage!  I agree on all points.

I did contact the support team here: square@help-messaging.squareup.com

Maybe if enough of us register our discontent they'll add syncing to Google Calendar as part of the free package. I mean, why not!?!? 

It's better than having us go to a different provider, which I'll do if this isn't resolved. 

Good luck!

PS: Here's what they said in reply to my complaint:

"Google Calendar sync is not included in the Appointments Free plan. Learn more about the Appointments pricing chart for a comparison of features between the Free, Plus, and Premium Plans.

I can see how this feature would be useful, so I will share your feedback with our Product team. Feel free to leave feedback on how this feature would help your business via Seller Community."

Message 11 of 15

I am having this problem, too! 

The "Manage Calendar Sync" option now has a PLUS tag on it ... Does this indicate that this is now a PAID feature only? (I have a free account).

If this was changed surreptiously without letting free users know, it's outrageous ... as this is disrupting my ability to do business.

I hope it's possible to still sync to my Google calendar with the Free Square account.

If so, please help me figure out why I can't sync my calendar now and how to fix it!
Thank you.

Message 12 of 15

This change makes online booking worthless since there's no way to prevent people from booking when I'm busy. Time to find a new vendor 😕

Message 13 of 15

having the same issue. Please help

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ambershaun 

If for some reason your calendar stopped syncing, my recommendation is to unlink and relink the calendar so we make sure we have a valid connection with Google.

To do that you can visit your Booking Calendar Settings within the Square Dashboard. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 15