x

Asus ZenPad Z10 and reader

We recently got the Asus ZenPad Z10 tablet and it's on our wireless account through Verizon. We tried both readers that we have (magstirp and magstrip/+chip) and the magstrip/+chip would not connect. The magstrip reader worked just fine on wifi and off, but the magstip/chip reader refused to connect. I verified that the reader was functioning with my Samsung smartphone. I have four questions:

1) is anyone experiencing this or similar issue with either a phone or a pad

2) does Square know of any compatability issues between the Asus ZenPad Z10 and the magstrip/+chip unit

3) the dumb magstrip/+chip unit won't stay charged very long - is this just us

4) we have to reset it after each chip dip by swiping a chip card - is this just us

Thanks!!!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

HI @5wilsnz, sorry to hear about the trouble. 

It doesn't look like that model of tablet is currently listed among our supported devices, so I'm afraid I do not have much to offer by way of troubleshooting. 

In regards to your second issue, the Reader should stay charged throughout the day. Check out some tips in our Support Center to improve battery life. Apologies for the experience, let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 4

I have the Asus ZenPad 8s from Verizon running Android 7.0 purchased December 2017 and Square mag +chip reader from 2015.  The reader will not work.  However, it works on an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 running Android 4.4.2

When will Square update the app for use with newer devices? 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Miffedmom Unfortunately, the ASUS ZenPad 8s hasn't been tested by the Hardware Team, which means we can't guarantee it will work with Square. When this device is tested the Square compatibility website will be updated.

I'm glad to hear you can use your Samsung device (which is compatible) in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4