x

Barcode Scanner - Square Stand Connection

My barcode scanner does not work once my square stand goes in sleep mode and returns for a sale. What can I do to keep them connected?

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Barcode Scanner - Square Stand Connection

This doesn't really "fix" the exact issue, but it may be a workaround... For reasons similar to this, we don't let our iPad ever go to sleep.  It seemed that any sort of connectivity issue would appear after waking the iPad from sleep mode.  It's worked great for us ever since. 

3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @PopcornMonkey, definitely frustrating when your supported hardware's connection cuts out.

If it's a Bluetooth barcaode scanner, make sure you're using a supported device. (Square Register supports the Socket Mobile 7Ci.) Then, you may want to reset the scanner. Power it on, press and hold down the trigger button, press and hold down the power button, then after you hear three beeps, release both buttons. The scanner will un-pair and automatically power off. The next time you power on, it'll be discoverable and you can reconnect. 

If it's a USB barcode scanner, and you're having trouble with the connection, make sure your Square Stand is firmly plugged into the accessories hub, and your hub is firmly plugged into a power adaptor. It may also help to unplug your devices from the accessories hub and plug them back in. (More troubleshooting tips here: http://squ.re/1IhhHS2.)

You'll also want to ensure you have the lastest version of iOS and the Square app installed.

Hope that helps. If you're still having trouble with the connection, we may need to escalate this to our Support team and have them dig in.

Message 2 of 4

This doesn't really "fix" the exact issue, but it may be a workaround... For reasons similar to this, we don't let our iPad ever go to sleep.  It seemed that any sort of connectivity issue would appear after waking the iPad from sleep mode.  It's worked great for us ever since. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for the tip, @TheWell!

Message 4 of 4