x

Barcode Scanner and Square Stand Issues

I have purchased a Square Stand/Ipad, I have a chip reader connected to the USB hub and a reciept printer/print driven cash register.  I am attempting to add a barcode scanner, and am on my second scanner.  My first scanner was a Zebra, but it acted like it had no power when plugged into the Hub, either with other accessories connected or without.  Next I purchased a Honeywell Voyager 1200G.  I have added it to the Hub and as soon as I do, the stand will disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect, over and over and over and with each disconnect/reconnect the scanner goes in and out of having power, so its constantly beeping as it turns on and off basically.

I have read through threads here and have tried the following troubleshooting steps, and at this point am ready to throw this entire system out the window and use Shopify. 

-I have turned the ipad off and then back on.

-I have updated IOS to the most recent version.

-I have updated Square.

-I have tried both Square for Retail and Square POS apps

-I have force restarted the stand.

-I have scanned a restore barcode with the scanner, both in the brief moment before it disconnects and also connected to my laptop.

-I have scanned the USB HID barcode from the Honeywell guide, both with the stand and with my laptop.

-I have disconnected other accessories and tried just the barcode scanner

-I have unplugged and replugged basically everything

-I have deleted the Square POS app completely off my Ipad and resinstalled.

-I have scoured the honeywell site.

Please help, and if the answer is that the scanners are not able to be used, or my brand new stand is malfunctioning or something other than helping me make this work then I will be incredibly frustrated.  Sigh.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @JJ124 

Did you purchase the Zebra Symbol LS2208 from the Square website? It is a very reliable barcode scanner from my experience. If so, I would temporarily plug it into a computer and see if it is working there. 

If you are having consistent connect/reconnect issues, my guess is the power strip. I always connect the Square Stand directly into the wall outlet. See discussion here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/New-to-Square/Does-anyone-know-why-my-printer-and-scan-gun-would-... 

You have already updated the iPad and app, so you're good there. I would do a force restart on the iPad, it tends to clear the memory better: https://support.apple.com/guide/ipad/force-restart-ipad-ipad9955c007/ipados#:~:text=Press%20and%20ho...

If all else fails, I would call Square support. Given that your stand is new, they may swap out units to see whether that is the issue. 

Stick with it, and let me know how it goes. It is definitely a great system once it is all setup. 

Cheers!

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

It sounds like there may be something wrong with the hub, especially if it's causing your stand to disconnect and other things. 

I would call square and get some technical help. If you recently purchased your system, they may be able to send you just a new cord with a new hub to try. 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 3 of 3