x

CC reader connects on startup but after first sell, won’t connect.

This issue just started a few weeks ago.  I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

When I first open Square, everything works just fine.  I then sign out, because the next sale could be for any of 9 persons.  If I just sign out and then try to sign back on, the CC reader doesn’t connect.  If I completely close the Square app and then sign back in, the reader connects for one sale only. 
Anyone have the same problem?

RuthE

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @1rutsq - thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this. Definitely strange indeed! We appreciate you providing all the context to your issue, as well. It helps us out tremendously!

Would you mind trying these troubleshooting steps with your Contactless & Chip Card Reader? It's important to not only make sure that your Square application is up to date in terms of software, but to also ensure that your mobile device's software is also up to date. Running a dated software for either the app or your mobile device can often times cause performance to deprecate - so it's worth a double check. 

You can learn more about software updates here. 

If this doesn't seem to resolve the issue for you, we would them recommend that you flag this over to our Support Team. They should be able to enter in some more in-depth troubleshooting with you and get you back in business.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2