x

Capturing payment error

Hi, I currently run my store though 3dcart and had an order on 5/5.. it was a large order and I was focused on getting it out, that I overlooked capturing the payment. 

I contacted 3dcart and they said I should still be able to capture it.  I tried several times and I get an error message: 

"Error:
The transaction could not be completed. The gateway responded with:
{"errors":[{"category":"INVALID_REQUEST_ERROR","code":"DELAYED_TRANSACTION_EXPIRED","detail":"Delayed capture transaction has expired and can no longer be captured.","field":"transaction_id"}]}
Click here to return...
Note: You can only void transactions that have not already been settled."

3dcart said to contact Square, but I most likely am going to lose out on the money. Kind of frustrating since it was a $122 order. 

Is there really no way of capturing this payment? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hello @moonandcandle,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

Happy to provide a bit more insight on this. With Square and any third party integration, all activation and set-up is handled by the API on their side. Whenever Square integrates with a third party website or platform, Square will only see the payment information being processed from the card that was successfully used during the transaction. We do not have any visibility into the actual back-end mechanics of linking the website to our payment system.

I highly recommend contacting 3dcart again. If they are claiming it's an issue on our side, please ask for a ticket or case number to pass over to our Customer Success Team and contact them via email here with the information collected.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2