x

Card reader not working with Square Restaurant POS

Hi there,

Recently purchased a square stand & accessories to work with my ipad for our hotel bar. Everything seems to connect up fine with the "Square Point of Sale (POS)" app (which is good and all, but doesn't seem to give me the flexibility with staff like the "Square - Restaurants POS" app). But everytime I go onto the "Square - Restaurants POS" app, it says stand connected then reader failed....

I've tried all the troubleshooting steps, I've force quit, I've forgotten the reader, I've tried repairing, I've tried just USB pairing, etc etc etc, doesn't seem to work. I signed out of "Square Point of Sale (POS)" just in case that was interfering and still getting "Reader Failed to Connect".

Any help would be appreciated...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, solved this weeks ago, turns out it was accessibility options on my iPad settings!

Message 2 of 5

Hi Ian, could you please expand on the accessibility options that you changed. I'm having this same issue. Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Will202 since @Ianb1 hasn't replied yet, I would like to recommend you complete our App Troubleshooting process and if that doesn't help then I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can dig deeper into this. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Will202, sorry for the delayed reply.

If I recall correctly, I had to go onto ipad settings menu, scroll down until you see your various apps (bottom left) find Square, or Square restaurants, then turn on the various settings, I think location was the main one. Sorry I can't be of more help. I did phone a number for square support and they actually talked me through it.

Message 5 of 5