x

Cash Drawer is Jammed

Hey Guys! 

I've setup many Square POS before, and just ordered another full system for one of my businesses. After setting everything up, it seems like the Epsilont drawer is jammed.

I hear a clicking noise when I try to open the drawer through the app or a sale, but the drawer will not open. It is unlocked and I've tried using the key to open it manually. I've also tried to toggle the manual open switch underneath the drawer - no success. 

Has anyone ever had a jammed drawer? How do you unjam it? 

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

Michael

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I have had a drawer jam many a time.  usually, it is the actual drawer insert that is binding up against the inside top of the drawer frame.  running a knife or some sort of flat metal between the top of the drawer that pops out and top of the drawer cutout in the frame.  something like in the pic below.

IMG_3588.JPG

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

I have had a drawer jam many a time.  usually, it is the actual drawer insert that is binding up against the inside top of the drawer frame.  running a knife or some sort of flat metal between the top of the drawer that pops out and top of the drawer cutout in the frame.  something like in the pic below.

IMG_3588.JPG

Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried this method with no luck. And since its a new register, I don;t want to scrape it up too much. I'm returning for a new one.

Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 3