x
Beta Member

Custom Tender Amount Summons Alpha Keyboard

Since, I believe, the 4.4 update for Square Register - and presumably android - the alpha keyboard comes up when entering a custom tender amount during a sale.

It's not a huge issue but we do a reasonably high volume and would prefer if that was the numeric keyboard, and that the tender text field was automatically selected.

(What is the best place to submit feedback or bug reports?)

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Seller5008 I hear you and I completely understand how that would be useful. I'm happy to hear the latest update did fix your initial cash drawer issue! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hi @Seller5008. Thanks for flagging this. I just ran it by our Hardware team to see if they have some more info. I can relay an update with you here as soon as they get back to me.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 26

I have the same issue when using Square Register.  Need to know how to get the numeric keypad back.

Message 3 of 26
Admin

@KC_Phil @Seller5008 - Apologies for the delay in my messaging! I got word that this issue will be fixed in the next update. Keep an eye out for that and let us know if you continue to run into this issue once the update has been released.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 26

Last weekend the tender amount called up a numeric keyboard.  This weekend its now an alpha keyboard.  I am running 4.6.0045.

Message 5 of 26

Just checked this morning, I'm running 4.6.0036 on the Square Register hardware.  It is not fixed in this version.  How do I know of an updated version and how do I install it?

Message 6 of 26
Admin

Hey @KC_Phil- Sorry it's still an issue for you. It should have been fixed by now. Can you go ahead and reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look into this with you?

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 7 of 26
Beta Member

I continue to have the same issues on version 4.10.0040

Ideally it would summon the numeric keyboard without having to tap into the text field either.

Message 8 of 26
Admin

@Seller5008 Could you also reach out to our Support Team?

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 9 of 26
Beta Member

I have the same issue with Square register version 4.10.0040  the numerical keypad should pop up right away, now you have tap in the field and the alpha keyboard pops up. IMG-5518.jpg

Message 10 of 26

As of the update today (9/1/2020) to version 4.12.0029 I have my num pad back.  

Message 11 of 26
Beta Member

As of the latest update (early September) the numeric keyboard is back. That is good. 👍

I would prefer if you didn't have to tap into the text field to activate it though. After hitting "custom amount" the keyboard should popup automatically. 😇

Message 12 of 26
Super Seller

It seems the latest update messed up the cash tendered amount screen when completing the sale.  This happened on the first register yesterday (6/29/20) and our second register today (6/30/20)

When you complete the sale and need to enter a "custom amount" from the customer to give change a few issues appear.

1) A keypad no longer pops up by default

2) When you select the amount tendered line it pops up a qwerty keyboard.

3) when you select numbers on the keyboard you do not get a keypad.

While it still works this is just a very inefficient workflow compared to what it was a few days ago.

No Keyboard pops up until you press the amount to be tenderedNo Keyboard pops up until you press the amount to be tenderedWhen you select the amount. A qwerty keyboard pops up.When you select the amount. A qwerty keyboard pops up.When you select the numbers you do not get a numeric keypadWhen you select the numbers you do not get a numeric keypad

Message 13 of 26

@MichiganFarmsta It's been very frustrating for us as well.  I just spoke to Square's customer support and they said they're working on fixing it....we just have to wait, hopefully it won't take too long.

Message 14 of 26
Super Seller

Is someone looking into this???? This was something that you changed in an update! Fix it!!

Message 15 of 26

After updating, the large number keypad  that would pop up to enter cash payed amount is gone. Now the only way to enter cash amount is using the tiny keyboard and you have to switch over to the numbers first. Is there anyway to bring back the number pad? 

Message 16 of 26
Beta Member

I have had the same issue.  Here is an image from Square register.

square.jpeg

Message 17 of 26

Omg yes! Thank you!  I’ve been searching for an answer to this. It’s so frustrating to have to use the QWERTY keyboard. Please square fix this 

Message 18 of 26
Square Community Moderator

We hear you, @Llamarada! I've gone ahead and passed this feedback along to our Product Teams for visibility! So sorry for the frustration here. Hopefully we will be able to bounce back here soon with some positive updates regarding edits to this feature in our software.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 26

Any idea how much longer before this is fixed? It’s very time consuming especially on the small square unit because the numbers are so small. 

Message 20 of 26

Still waiting for a fix on this! Glad it's not just us! How long until this is changed?

Message 21 of 26