x

Categorized item is an uncategorized item?

I have selected a category for an item on both square and weebly, but when I run reports and exports it shows the item as uncategorized... what is going on?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NickDunbar Welcome to the Community! 🙂

Are the items assigned to the same category in both Square and Weebly? I believe you have to manually assign the categories on both sides since categories do no sync. 

Message 2 of 10

Hello and thanks! Yes I manually assigned them on both sides to the same category... 

Message 3 of 10

Hey @NickDunbar

Jumping in for Bernadette on this one. Whenever it you assigned those items to a specific Category, do you know where you added it first. 

The Square Sync can be a little picky when it comes to this. I would recommend deleting the category in both, then adding it again starting in Square. 

Also, if you are running a report before the item was categorized, it can still show it as "uncategorized" 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

I'll try that and thank you! 

Message 5 of 10

You're welcome, @NickDunbar!

Kassi
Message 6 of 10

I have 3 items that still show uncategorized even though I've removed the category from each, saved it, added them back (trying adding first to Dashboard and then Online, then did it in reverse).  I restarted everything and it still shows uncategorized in the item sales report.  Why is this?  Is there a fix?

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Do you happen to be using a 3rd party website provider, @lgurasich?

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

Everything I have is catagorized, but one employee keeps coming up with uncatagorized amounts. What could this be?

Message 9 of 10

Hi @clubfriendship Welcome to the Community 👋

Can you give us a little more insight on what is happening? Are you tracking employee sales, and do all of the employees sell the same items? 

Message 10 of 10