x
Highlighted

Checkout links: Errant Flat Rate

I'm trying to use the online checkout link feature in the "Edit Item".  I have shipping set to free but when I navigate to the link, under shipping I only have "Standard Shipping $23” as a pre-selected.  I know I set it somewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out how.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Errant Flat Rate

Best Answer

I managed to figure it out.  I apparently have two stores.  An old one, that was never published, and a new store.

The new store had the shipping fee set.  I didn't realize there are two stores.  

The "online store" landing page (https://squareup.com/dashboard/sites/selector) is not very intuitive.  Two different navigation schemes for two different sites on the same page.  As a UX designer, this feels rather clunky.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Admin

Hmm that's odd @Eldon. Can you reply here and include the link to the item that's showing the 'Standard Shipping' fee instead of showing free shipping? We'll investigate! 

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

Best Answer

I managed to figure it out.  I apparently have two stores.  An old one, that was never published, and a new store.

The new store had the shipping fee set.  I didn't realize there are two stores.  

The "online store" landing page (https://squareup.com/dashboard/sites/selector) is not very intuitive.  Two different navigation schemes for two different sites on the same page.  As a UX designer, this feels rather clunky.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @Eldon, glad you figured it out. I'll share your feedback about the landing page with the Online Store team, we're making a lot of changes these days to improve the Online Store so we appreciate your input!

In the meantime, I've marked your answer as the Best Answer - it might help someone else who doesn't realize they have two stores. 

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4