x

Chip Card Reader won't connect

Hi there, Last week I bought a Square Chip Reader to use with a brand new Samsung tablet, to accept card payments for my small business. After I charged the unit for the first time I downloaded the software and set everything up on the tablet. When I went to plug in the reader, It failed to connect and reported that the reader was "damaged". I tried a few times but still no luck. I filled out a warranty report, and have recieved my new chip reader. After charging the unit the same as the last one, the SAME issue happened on the tablet. Thinking it might be the headphone jack on the tablet (It was brand new but worth a shot to troubleshoot) I installed the app on my Android phone and my partner's iphone. Still no connection.

So now I have 2 "damaged" units and still no way of accepting card payments (except manually). Please advise best course of action, wether I should attempt another warranty claim again or somehow request a refund. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square

So sorry to hear about the trouble! I just sent you a follow up email with more details. We'll be sure to get you taken care of! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 3

I had the same issue and cannot return it yo square. Wasted almost $40. My regular reader works great but the . vjip reader" stinks. An afraid yo buy another one.

Message 3 of 3