x

Chip Reader won't process chip cards

My first device a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1-GT-P7510, Android V4.04 Kernel V3.1.10, Build Number IMM76D.UELPL. Just reset device (no updates are available for the device) and reinstalled the Square App V.4.51.2 no update for Square App. Using Speedtest,net App. Ping is 19ms. I am getting 10.01Mbps download speed and 5.91Mbps upload speed. It recognizes the Card Reader when it is inserted however with a $1.00 or any amount entered it reads "card is inserted" but will not process the transaction. The second device an Apple 4S, iOS 9.3.5, no updates are available for device. Square reader V4.50.1 no updates are available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Square App. Using Speedtest.net App, Ping is 19ms, I am getting 10.52Mbps download speed and 4.76Mbps upload speed. It recognizes the Card Reader when it is inserted however with a $1.00 or any amount it reads "card is inserted" but will not process the transaction. The chip reader is fully charged. It is used on both devices. I have tried several Chip Credit Cards and none of them work. Both devices used to work before Chip Card reader.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @apluscomputers, very sorry to hear about the trouble with your chip reader.

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly troubleshoot and provide the complete information for the devices you're using.

I'd make one final suggestion that you give any remaining troubleshooting tips on this page a try. If those doesn't do the trick, you can go forward with a warranty claim.

Hope this helps sort things out. Please let me know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2