x

Chip reader doesn’t work

Chip reader isn’t working 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

We are experiencing the same issue, in addition to the swipe also not working. Our device is *not* on the most recent iOS which is causing so many problems.  What the heck??

Message 2 of 5

Sorry to hear about the trouble @ultimocoffee

Could you share some details of what happens when you try and process a payment? This will help us narrow down what the issue is. 

Also, I recommend checking out the article Square Contactless and Chip Reader Troubleshooting

Message 3 of 5

I recently purchased a new chip reader because I assumed my old one just sucked, because half the time it wouldn't automatically connect to the square app, and I would have to "forget this device" and add a new one, and then if it is fully charged 4 green lights, and go to finally connect it to the program, then it would say low battery and flash one red light, I have only had this new ready for maybe 2 months. Is there an issue with the readers? Or am I doing something wrong, but I feel like my first one didn't start doing this until at least 2 years after having it. Please help. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @backstageskinst and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where another seller had the same concerns.

Check out the answer above for details and a link to our Troubleshooting page on the Support Center.

I'd also check to make sure your device you're using with it is compatible here.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5