x

Comping gift cards for giveaway's but Comp Sales report is empty

I am comping gift cards for giveaways to promote a new business. When I comp a gift card then go into the square reports under "comp" it shows up empty. Any ideas why I am not seeing them in the comp report? need to be able to track. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @hollandmain, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I'm sorry that the Comp report is giving you some trouble. If you have Comp/Void turned on it should be populating in this report. Unfortunately this is something our Customer Success Team should take a look at. Troubleshooting would require access to your account and it sounds like there might be a deeper underlying issue here. 

If you need help getting in touch with the team just let me know! 

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

I've had similar things happen when I use a 100% discount on gift cards - the discount shows up in the Discount Report, but no matter what the value I load on the card, it says $0.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @pessosices, at this time gift card discounts won't appear in your Discount Report. I do see how it would be useful and I'll share your request with the Gift Card team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hello again @hollandmain @pessosices. I have an update: Two gift card columns were recently added to the the Comp Report!

From your online Square Dashboard click Reports > Comps > click the + icon in to the right > select Gift Cards Comped and/or Gift Card Amount Comped.

Screenshot 2019-03-11 at 14.54.16.png

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Awesome thanks!

I've also noticed there are the same new columns in the Discounts Report for Gift Card Number and $ too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 7 of 7