x
Square Community Moderator

Re: Contactless and chip reader not pairing

Hey @Laurie2019 👋 Jumping in for Joe here - 

We're glad you figured it out! I'll make sure to pass your message along to him! As always, let us know if you need anything else

😉

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 71 of 80

I have a chip reader but doesn’t pair with my new iphone

My new iPhone doesn’t pair with my old chip reader what can I do?

Message 72 of 80

Re: I have a chip reader but doesn’t pair with my new iphone

Hi there, @lam1 - thanks for reaching out here and letting us know. So sorry for the trouble with your reader.

I've merged your question with an identical thread of Sellers also having this issue. 

I would take a look at this Best Answer from Tom! These troubleshooting steps should get you back in business.

Joe
Message 73 of 80

My contactless+chip reader is giving trouble paring and connecting, may I have some help?

I followed all the troubleshooting steps but the reader is still not connecting to my phone. 

It connected before but started acting up today. My reader is new so I do not know what is happening. How do I request to speak to someone or request a replacement?

Thanks much.

Message 74 of 80

how do I connect the chip reader to my IPad

how do I connect my chip reader to my IPad and/or IPhone

Message 75 of 80

Re: how do I connect the chip reader to my IPad

I've moved your post here so you can see @Tom's answer in this thread. This article from our Support Center should get you set up properly, but if you're a more visual learner, head over to check out this video 😊

Be sure to reach out directly if you still need a han, @winniehar!

Valentina
Message 76 of 80
Beta Member

My Reader won't connect wireless reader to phone MotoZ2

Reader will not connect to phone. New in January 2020, and connected without issues.

Message 77 of 80

Re: My Reader won't connect wireless reader to phone MotoZ2

Hi there, @crabbyjohn - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here and make a new post.

So sorry to hear about the trouble pairing your reader. Just to be clear, are you using the Contactless & Chip Card reader?

If so, I would recommend following these troubleshooting steps. They will insure all software wrinkles are ironed out for not only your Point of Sale app, but also for your device itself.

Let us know if that gets you where you need to be! We want to make sure this gets solved for you.

Joe
Message 78 of 80

Reader won’t work in appointment app

When I hit “review and checkout” on my appointment app, it will not connect to the reader.  I then have to open the original Square app to process the payment. Help. 

Message 79 of 80

Re: Reader won’t work in appointment app

@Mmammo sounds like the appointments app either needs updating or reinstalling since the reader is working with the standard POS app. 

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Justin
Message 80 of 80