x

Contactless chip card reader does not connect to my Galaxy S5.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting and my contactless chip card reader still won't connect with my Galaxy S5 via Bluetooth.  It did for awhile when first got the reader.  Don't get error messages, just won't pair.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

Did you try to reset the reader by holding the power button for 20-30 seconds?  I think there was an android update that has caused issues.

Message 2 of 9

Yes, that is one of the 1st things in troubleshooting.  I've heard about the update a long time ago and thought the issue would have been fixed by now.  Thank you for your input. 

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Paperpuller

Which exact model S5 did you have?

Also, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Message 4 of 9

The model number is SM_G900V.  The OS is up to date.

Troubleshooting done https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5673-square-contactless-and-chip-card-reader-troubleshooting "My Reader Won't Pair With My Fevice".

Also; restart phone, reinstall app, toggled Bluetooth, tried connecting through Bluetooth, deleted card reader from app and tried pairing. 

Haven't gotten to it but wanting to try pairing on another phone with Square app.

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

That would be my next suggested step @Paperpuller

Once you do that, we can determine if it might be the device or the reader itself. 

If it's the reader, we can send out a warranty replacement to you. 

Message 6 of 9

Did you get your Galaxy s5 to pair with your square Contactless chip card reader? I'm having the problem. I've tried all the troubleshootings for this and it still doesn't pair.

Message 7 of 9

I have the same issue and have tried all the above.  Anyone managed to fix this problem?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Sorry to hear it @HomeBody_Soul. If you've tried all of the troubleshooting steps to pair your reader, but it won't connect to your device please call our CS team so they can investigate this further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9