x

Contactless reader will not pair with Oneplus One, square phone CS says tough luck.

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Contactless reader will not pair square phone CS says tough luck.”

I have been using the contactless reader for more than a year.

A few days ago i came to use it only to find it is not paired with me phone any more (oneplus one).

Now it will not pair, and none of the troubleshooting helped.

Called Sqaure, and for some reason the call got dropped, TWICE! The rep did not bother to call back the second time, but emailed to say that i should buy a new phone to see if it will work with the reader.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hi @CatLABS, sorry about the call dropping (twice!) with our Support department 😕

I'm not personally familiar with the Oneplus One, but it sounds like it may not be compatible with our software, which in turn would mean the reader would stop working. You can check device compatibility here - any devices not listed haven't been fully tested by our team, which is why we can't guarantee it'll work.

Since you've been successfully using the reader with your phone for a year, it could be that a recent operating system update on your phone made the connection break. I've heard of this happening with some other sellers before - it worked for awhile and then after an update, stops working, since the device is not officially compatible. I know this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but I wanted to get back to you quickly, especially given your experience calling in today. 

Thanks for posting here in the community! 

Message 2 of 2