x
Beta Member

Cost of Goods not importing item name changes

Hello there

I have inherited a messy inventory with duplicate items, missing unit prices and vendors; there are thousands of items listed across three shops and I am in the process of tidying everything up. 

We have auditors in at the moment so I'm pulling together cost of goods sold from the previous financial year (hence the need to tidy everything up), however none of my changes to item names have been reflected in the 2022-23 COG sold report. This is problematic as item names must match the supplier list of items (which is where I'm pulling the name changes from). 

Am I doing something wrong? Is it because I'm making changes to item names now and the report only lists what the item name was at the time? 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, Kara

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @KN83, thanks for your post. 

When you manually adjust your stock, accept a purchase order or make a sale, your History log will reflect each adjustment. Your History log is intended to give you a detailed account of your current inventory levels by listing out each stock adjustment.

If your COGS report seems off, take a look at your History log. You may have received stock or made an adjustment without an associated unit cost.

You can update your unit cost for a historical adjustment from your History log to get back on track.

I hope this helps!

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content