x

Coupon Code for specific category not working right

I have a coupon codes set up for specific customers that should only be giving $50 off their order when shopping from a specific category. However, the code is currently giving them the entire total off from that category. For example - if there are 2 items in their cart {from that specific category} that total $88, their cart is giving them $88 off when using their coupon code - instead of only $50 like the code was set up to do.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

@JMaeBoutique sorry to hear about this! For the example where the customer got $88 of, was each item from a different eligible category?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

yes, both items are in that category. I have 3 separate codes with customers names set up like this.. and all 3 of them are allowing them to put an infinite amount of items from this category in their cart and get them all free. I'm glad my customer was honest and brought it to my attention.

Message 3 of 6

I just reread your question. I only have one eligible category.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow up. I just checked with the Development Team and it looks like this is behaving as expected, where you can have an item discount for every item in that category set. Unfortunately, the only way to really work around this would be to have a $50 coupon applied to the entire order if it's over a certain dollar amount, which I know you weren't originally intending to have. 

I definitely see how this can be confusing and will take the feedback to the development team, but for now you will have to give your customers a different discount, or allow this discount to be in store only.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

oh, that is disappointing. I'm a little confused how the Development Team says it's behaving as expected though. I have tried deleting the codes and creating new ones - and unfortunately that didn't help. I am not sure a $50 coupon code good for a specific category is supposed to give anything put in a shoppers card in that category free. Because that's what it's doing. I was doing 12 days of Christmas giveaway, and each winner is receiving $50 to use in a specific category - so I have 12 customers that I figure someway to get around this with. 

Message 6 of 6