x

Customer Directory Information Incorrect?

While searching for a client in the customer directory I noticed that several of my clients have incorrect information. Specifically, one client is listed as a 1 Visit (7 months ago) when, in fact, he was in the shop last Saturday. This (hopefully) explains why my return rates for new customers have been dismal but I'm not sure why it's happening. How do I fix this issue? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @maryperduejones and welcome to the Seller Community.

There could be a few different factors that's causing the information to be off.

Do you enter your customer's names before or after each sale while you're ringing it? It may be best to contact our Support Team directly for this since we don't have access to your account from here to look closer with you.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

For cash sales, I enter the customer name before ringing up the sale. For credit cards, I swipe the card and only enter customer names if square doesn't pull the information and populate the name field automatically.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying this, @maryperduejones. Everything seems in order here from what you describe. The only thing I would be careful of here would to be sure you are not creating a 2nd customer profile when manually entering customer information for credit cards. This could register their visit as a first purchase as opposed to another visit. 

Just to be thorough, I would flag this over to our Support Team as Ashley suggested above. They should be able to walk you through more in depth troubleshooting to make sure everything in place. 

I hope this is helpful! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4