x

Customer attempts to save credit card failing

I use Square Invoices to bill customers. A customer mentioned to me today that she has saved her card information on file several times, received confirmation emails but when she goes to pay the next time, the information is not there. I took a look at my customer directory and noticed that several customer have the same credit card saved on file, multiple times. Is anyone else having this issue? Need a quick remedy - I can't only imagine my customers are silently annoyed! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Standiford! - so glad you brought this to the forefront. Something definitely sounds off here. 

Just to make sure I am understanding you correctly, you are seeing the same card being saved to separate customers within your directory, correct? My initial thought is that the card may not be fully saving due to an issue with the customers browser - we would recommend that they try to fulfill the card on file request using the most up to date version of Google Chrome. This browser is fully tested and seems to work well with our system. 

I want to make sure this gets resolved as quickly as possible for you, so I would also suggest reaching out to our Support Team for quick troubleshooting - they are able to diagnose thoroughly by speaking to you over the phone. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2