x

Customer cannot cancel debit card authorization and not receiving receipts

Hi everyone. I'm not a seller, just a customer. I'm having two issues with a Square merchant:

1) I'm getting ready to discontinue use of the service and I cannot cancel the card authorization. The following instructions do not work: Remove Your Payment Card on File. The invoices I receive have no link to any Card Dashboard. I even opened up one of the emailed invoices to see a "cancel authorization" link which only linked me to the article. Can someone offer advice as to how to get my card removed? I've contacted the merchant but I am still charged. 

2) I'm receiving no receipts, only invoices, even though the money is drafted from my bank account. The merchant has my card on file, to be charged monthly. I received receipts for maybe the first 2 or 3 transactions, but every transaction after that are just overdue invoices. Still, the money is taken from my account on the date agreed upon every month. What's up with that? I even tried to look up the receipts  for every monthly transaction but no records of anything can be found. And I've triple checked that my preference is to receive a receipt. From all other Square merchants, I'm immediately emailed a receipt. I've contacted the merchant and they tell me they will start to send receipt but I've not received any. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

@BlahBlah23 - sorry to hear you're having so many issues with removing your card and with receiving receipts. Something seems a bit off here. 

1) Can you send a screenshot of the bottom of your invoice so I can take a look? 

2) Have you checked spam folders and any filters for these confirmation emails when our invoice has been paid? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2