x

Customers not receiving marketing emails

I've noticed that not all my customers are receiving their weekly newsletter from me. I'm not sure how widespread the issue is, but I know it's happening because some of my loyal readers have mentioned not getting it. Nothing has changed between their emails and mine (and they are from different companies so it's not like it's an in-house tech change).

The only thing I've notice differently on my side is that, when I turn off the 5-day reminder email (which doesn't do me any good with weekly specials), it erases my Facebook anticipated views. It still posts to Facebook, so I can't see that being the issue.

Is anyone else having either of these issues?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @cmac24, I'm very sorry for this late reply.

If your customers reported not receiving marketing emails it could be a separate issue and our team will need to investigate. If that's the case please call our Support team to let them know when your customers first reported this to you. It would be very useful to have an email address of a customer (or two) who said they haven't received a newsletter. With that we can take a closer look!  

This reply was edited in June 2020. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @cmac24, I'm very sorry for this late reply.

If your customers reported not receiving marketing emails it could be a separate issue and our team will need to investigate. If that's the case please call our Support team to let them know when your customers first reported this to you. It would be very useful to have an email address of a customer (or two) who said they haven't received a newsletter. With that we can take a closer look!  

This reply was edited in June 2020. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 12

Yes. It's happened a couple times over the last month. I will call in on Monday. Thank you.

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Sounds good @cmac24, thank you! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 12

I still have customers not getting their emails. This is really frustrating.

Square Support <square@help-messaging.squareup.com>

12/18/17

to mccreary

Hello Cassie,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve alerted our engineering team of your issue, and they’re working to get to the bottom of it as quickly as possible. As soon as they give me an update, I’ll be sure to contact you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Anthony A

Square Support

ref:_00DE0Y7ru._5000LvPJTr:ref

Never heard from them again after this email. This morning when I replied back to this, I got a new email stating that because I didn't contact you in the last two weeks, this has been closed. WITH NO RESOLUTION. I run a business and don't have time to babysit whether or not people are working on my case. That's your job. I would like to know WHY my customers aren't getting their emails and WHAT you are doing to fix the issue.
Message 5 of 12
Admin

Hello @cmac24, I'm so sorry that you haven't received a followup on this.😕 I will escalate your post for a deeper dive and we'll make sure nothing slips by. Please keep an eye on the email address that's tied to your account for updates.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 6 of 12

I have several customers who have reported not receiving my Marketing Emails.  Here are two that I know of:

1) [Customer Information Redacted]

2) [Customer Information Redacted]

This is very frustrating. They are not on the Bounced list or the Sent list but their emails are correct in their profiles and they are active customers with recent spends.  Not only did each miss my selling event, but they are wondering why my business would not have let them know about it.

Thanks for your help in understanding this.

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ruthierun - thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community. Good to hear from you!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also experiencing issues regarding customers not receiving email notifications about their business. Take a look at this Best Answer from Helen - it will point you to some next steps for contacting us so we can help troubleshoot.

I want to also let you know I've edited out the names of your customers from your post. We ask that our users refrain from using sensitive information here on the Seller Community due to it being a public platform.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

Has anyone figured out an answer to this problem? My clients have tried all the suggestions and nothing has changed. 

Message 9 of 12

Welcome to the Community, @sarahhupman  -

Since you've tried all of the troubleshooting steps I would normally recommend, I am going to suggest reaching out to our Marketing Team directly. 

They can take a deeper dive into the settings on your campaigns on Square's end to make sure everything is functioning as it should. 1-855-700-6000.

Thank you. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 12

I fear this is happening to me only because my wife, who is my business partner as well, doesn't get our email campaigns.  Although the Square report indicates that she does.  We have checked her spam folder and they are not there either.  I send the campaign and continue to check her email and spam folders to no avail. I wonder how many of my other customers are not getting the emails.  And Square Marketing is not cheap. More expensive than Constant Contact.

In addition, we are in St. Louis which used to be a big Southwestern Bell hub.  Out of the 97 bounces in one email, over a third are for email addresses that relate to Southwester Bell.  They are:

@sbcglobal.net  (this is the one my wife has, huh?)

@swbell.net

@att.net

Message 11 of 12

Hello @apsgrapevine 

In this case, Delivery confirmations are sent from the mail server that we reached out to (your subscriber's email provider). If you have a "Delivered" notification for your wife but the email isn't there, I recommend reaching out to her email provider so they can assist in investigating where that email could've landed. If you would like to look further into this situation This sounds like a good question for our Marketing team. 

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, as they can look at your account alongside you to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 12 of 12