x
Beta Member

DASHBOARD LAYOUT CORRUPTED

Starting yesterday afternoon, 05/24/23, the Dashboard on PC, using Windows 10 and Chrome Browser, is corrupted. The words and buttons are scattered and unorganized across the screen. It still works, but it is a jumbled up mess!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@MountainHouse ;

I am currently using Windows 10 pro and chrome Browser and do not have the same issue. I also use a VPN and Virus scanners. Could it be your system that was infested by a computer virus messing up your Display or something similar?

Try scanning your computer with this free Virus Scan from Trend Micro:   https://www.trendmicro.com/en_us/forHome/products/housecall 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hi Mountainhouse,

Here's a few things to try when you run into strange browser behavior:

Try deleting Chrome's cache and cookies:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More.
  3. Click More tools - Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.
  7. Close the browser.
  8. Reopen it and try your Square Dashboard again.

Another option, try another web browser like Edge or Firefox to see how your Dashboard looks.

I know from experience that old temp files and/or cookies and/or history can cause unexpected results.   Note that your Windows also has Temp files both in the Windows folder (Temp) and in your Users Folder (App Data/Local/Temp).   This can also affect how things are working on your system.  Sometimes a little house cleaning works wonders.

jk

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Apparently, its not corrupted! Its the new layout, which to me is a complete mess! I wish that square would focus more on fixing all the issues with the system overall, and keeping all systems reliably running instead of CONSTANTLY messing with the cosmetics of the apps. Our ios apps are changed all the time, the square stand layout is changed all the time, now the dashboard! Always rearranging, and changing colors and shapes. All this does is lead to confusion, surely these resources could be better utilized at problem solving...

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

@MountainHouse ;

I just saw this post and it mentions that their dashboard also is different, I wonder if this will happen to everyone and you got "Updated" already or Downgraded by this update...General-Discussion/updaye-6-15/td-p/661933 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Hey there Mountainhouse,

Just a follow-up to your issue - I have to say I'm not experiencing any issues with the layout - I've cleared all of my test browser's history, cache, temp files, etc., restarted my desktop and tried each browser again (Firefox, Edge & Chrome).  With each browser - no issues.  Bottom line, not sure why some others may be having issues - love computers when they work .... 🙂

jk

Message 6 of 6