x

Default tip on payment link broken as of 5/22

The payment links I generate via the square app no longer have a default 15% tip applied at checkout

customer service reps keep telling me this is not a feature available on the app, but I have been using it for over 7 months, until this week.

the default tip settings are still visible on the square website dashboard, and payment links generated there work correctly.

any insights?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Businessman123 , I am sorry you are having issues and support has not been able to help. 

To confirm you are referring to your Square Online Checkout link?

Message 2 of 6

I am talking about the Payment link created by pressing "Send Payment Link" on the app after entering an amount to be charged, that may be the same thing

Message 3 of 6

Got it, they are actually different. Maybe the tipping setting in the app has been disabled. Please follow these steps to get them enabled again:

1. Tap ≡ More > Settings > Checkout.

2. Tap Tipping.

3. Toggle on Collect Tips.

4. Configure your tip settings.

Are you wanting the tip to only default to 15% and not give any other options @Businessman123

Message 4 of 6

Tipping is enabled, my issue is that the “default tip percentage” options are missing.

i don’t exactly care about what the percentages are, but the default tip option has been extremely important for my business.

Many of my customers don’t even notice the option to tip now that it is gone for some reason 😕

Message 5 of 6

Can confirm which Square app you using on your device? Is it Standard, Appointments, or Square Retail? Which color app is it? 

Also, if you can show us what is appearing on your end? Can you provide a screenshot or video, thanks @Businessman123.

Message 6 of 6