x

Delete a SKU

I entered a product via a SKU and inadvertantly deleted it, and then when I tried to re-add it again, the error said I can't duplicate SKU's. Now I can't add that product back in, even though my library doesn't show it exists. Any way of deleting SKU's so that I can start over?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @martik9, thanks for flagging this and sorry for the trouble. 🤔

To make sure we're on the same page, are you getting this error when you try to re-add the SKU to the item from your online Square Dashboard or the Point of Sale app? Or both?

Please let us know and we'll continue to troubleshoot this a bit more. Appreciate your help with this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

I have a very similar problem.

Using the online Square dashboard, I imported several items but they all came in as separate when I wanted ones with the same name to be item variations. 

So I deleted all but one of each in order to do it manually in the dashboard.

But it won't let me add the SKU either as a separate item or a variation of the main item. In short, I'm now locked out of adding these items to my library at all.

Message 3 of 5
Square

Hey, sorry to hear about the trouble, @TutoringCenter. We'll want to take a closer look at the items with you and see what's going on. Give our Support team a call when you can and we'll go from there.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks, @Spenser.

The problem cleared itself up several hours later. I'm guessing you had some kind of database replication or other delay that took a while to clear out the items I had deleted. 

Message 5 of 5