x
Beta Member

Deleting/Editing Modifiers

Hi I have a rapidly increasing 'Modifiers' list which is almost reaching the floor! Would be great if can delete modifiers which dont need or are created in error, or even better, just to be able to edit them instead of creating new ones all the while.

Message 1 of 16
Report Inappropriate Content
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Easy....

From the dash:

โ€ข Items

โ€ข Modifiers

* Click on the modifier you want to, erm.... modify *
* Either edit, or scroll to bottom & delete option is there *

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 16
Beta Member

Thanks 400 - but no delete option there. There is the 'Modifiers' box where you can hit the 'x' which deletes the line, but in the 'Apply Modifiers' (the list I'm referring to), there is nothing to edit or delete.

Just to be sure - I am in 'Items' - 'Items Library' section .

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 20.49.33.png

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

ok found it - its in the offline section, not the online. Im a bit puzzled why same attributes are in two different areas, so 'items' online and an 'item' section off. Surely grounds gro creating conflict.

But thank you for this 400 - hope you can resolve my other threads!

Message 5 of 16
Super Seller

@BuenasBurritos Square bought Weebly & the online stuff runs on a different platform (so often best to say what bit your looking at - as I assumed rather than double checking!). IMO Square are making huge improvements to the weebly stuff - but bringing it inline has created some sync & terminology issues along the way. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

Wondered what the weebly thing was - but starting to make a little sense. I have put in another thread, but the delivery element is crucial as to wether I can continue using  this as I believe lost me a lot of custom over weekend, as 4 out of the 5 who did purchase had to contact me because of issues.

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

@BuenasBurritos like everything there are compromises & limitations (oh, the Wishlist I have to make Square perfect just for me ๐Ÿ˜‚) - we've got to be realistic & work within those limitations & realise too that feature requests are never going to happen overnight. 

It is a situation where you have to weigh up the pros & compromises of all & any systems about - for me Square wins hands down many times over. But this isn't going to be the same for everyone. 

I would say it might be worth taking a break, a deep breath & looking at it all again. It sounds like you've been getting into & setting up a lot of the different areas (I'm sure you've noticed the overlap & sometimes strange placement of stuff while it all gets sorted out & lined up). This might be one of the reasons things are getting more complicated. 

If it's a new system to your customers - why not add a pop up, just giving your number & say to give you a call to let you know of any teething issues they're having. Then you get to hear any problems before they get annoyed & also your customers know you care (that's why you're doing it after all anyway). 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

About a 67 hour week to get it up and running for the weekend - so yes was a steep learning curve in a short period. I have considered taking it all down and rebuild from scratch. But I want to see if can iron out the gremlins before that extreme

Message 9 of 16
Beta Member

@BuenasBurritos  In Apply Modifiers you should be able to click on the three dots then Edit

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

Thanks TonyDow - here is shot below of my AM - no dots, only check boxes which when I select transfer the modifier into a box above it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 21.18.11.png

Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

@BuenasBurritos I think @tonydow was referring to this window when you go into any item in the online dash & go down to 'manage modifiers' options:

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 21.25.12.png

Pizza Is Chill

Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

strange same window - except i dont get the dots. Are there different editions of this program?

Message 13 of 16
Admin

Thanks for jumping in and helping out @Sam_400ยบ and @tonydow!

@BuenasBurritos all functionalities on the Square Online site should be the same across the board. If you are not seeing the three dots, it might actually be a bug. Would you mind sending me a screenshot showing how the modifiers list appear to you once you've clicked in Manage modifiers? That way I can flag it to our team if it is a technical bug on our end. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

Hi Tranguyen

here are 3 shots - 1st one is Items Library page online

2nd is same page after saving page - it enables the little buttons on the right (where the blue message box is pointing).

Finally the 3rd is the offline modifier section - different layout.Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 21.10.27.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-03 at 21.11.57.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-03 at 21.13.39.png

Message 15 of 16
Admin

Thanks for sending those on @BuenasBurritos! I've checked this and the ability to delete modifier should definitely be there on the first screen (Manage Modifiers) when you scroll down. Would you mind running through these troubleshooting steps for me and see if that would help?

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.
Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 16 of 16