Beta Member

Delivery Parameters not working

I have set parameters for delivery:

29 miles radius

0-3 Free delivery

3-10 $5.00 

10-20 $8.00

20-29 $10

I cannot save these without adding a fee for outside of delivery area fee. I DO NOT WANT TO DELIVER OUTSIDE OF THIS RADIUS. I added $15.00 for outside the 29 miles radius. AND YET, now that it's published, customers who are 35 miles away can place a delivery order AND are only being charged $10. What the hell am I doing wrong? Is this a bug? do you understand and appreciate the amount of stress this is adding to my business life right now? I have not yet received a sufficient answer to another issue I have created a thread for (Customers can apparently place orders for items not even listed on my online store, so that's a fun issue I'm dealing with because I can't get an actual answer on my thread for it. So I'm not very optimistic that I will get a timely answer to this issue before I'm bombarded with orders outside of my delivery parameters that I'll now have to honor. Business owners can only say so many times "Oh sorry... square has this limitation and that limitation" before the customer says screw this and stops ordering from you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Are you using your own couriers or an On Demand Delivery partner, @sugargal?

If you are using your own couriers, you can set a delivery radius by editing the Pickup & Delivery settings:

As long as you have set and saved a radius for the appropriate location using the setting above, customers should not be able to place an order if their entered address lands outside of your radius. If you are using your own courier and have set a radius, and customers are able to place orders for delivery outside of your set radius, please get in touch with our team directly so we can dig in with you and pinpoint the root issue here.

However, if you are leveraging the ability to use an On Demand Delivery service, the partner will determine the delivery radius:

Our team would also be able to help clarify why your customers are able to place orders for items not listed on your website. The search function is expected to pull Hidden items not shown on Shop All page, so this could be what's happening if the items you are referring to are listed as Hidden rather than Unavailable. I hope this helps! 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Valentina, 

I was very clear in my post that I have it set to radius. I even put in what my radius parameters are. I am the one doing the deliveries because I'm a one woman operation. Please read what I wrote. The radius is not working! I have people placing delivery orders within the radius that aren't even being charged the correct amount AND have customers placing orders outside of the radius and then only being charged $10, instead of the $15 I was forced to set for the outside of delivery radius field. Why is this even a required field?? If I set my radius to 29 miles, I clearly don't want to deliver beyond that, yet, I have to put a dollar amount in to charge customers outside of that radius? I spent 3 hours the other night trying to get this to work and it still doesn't. 

Message 3 of 5
Square

@sugargal Can you send me a message with the address that's 35 miles away that is eligible for delivery?

We do use straight-line distance, not driving distance. 

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Absolutely understood, @sugargal - this is why I recommended getting in touch with our team directly if you are using your own courier and you have set a radius, but customers are somehow able to place orders for delivery outside of your set radius. We won't be able to dive in and diagnose the root issue through the Seller Community, but our support team definitely can.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5