x

Devices getting logged off unexpectedly

I have multiple devices in multiple locations (mobile business) the way I've managed to work with this is assign device nicknames. The problem is if employees don't use square on their device for an extended period of time (I haven't figured out the exact amount but I'd guess it's about 2-4 weeks) they get kicked off. The device code still works but it's a pain to have to save it and type it in every two weeks. Just any suggestions for easier ways to keep track of who is running what transaction? Or keeping people logged in? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey there @kissyboots! Getting kicked off of your devices like that definitely sounds frustrating. I'd like to ask a couple of clarifying questions here before jumping the gun:

How many different devices are you using device codes with?

How many of the devices using device codes are having this issue?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

15-20 devices. All of them have had this problem.

@Valentina 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Thanks for getting back to me here, @kissyboots. You're absolutely right. Your devices should not be logging out that frequently. Apart from deleting and re-installing the Square app on all devices, and ensuring devices' operating systems are updated, there's no further troubleshooting I can suggest.

It's sounding like there could be an internal bug - if so, it's something I would want our engineering team to look into. Would you mind giving us a call? If you have a moment, we can gather more information about your account and devices, and escalate this appropriately. I wish I had a quick fix here, but ultimately it looks like the device codes aren't working as they should. 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4