x
HossBurgerShop

Discounts not applying to items with modifiers

Today I have a new issue where discounts that used to auto apply to burgers no matter if they had a modifier or not will now not apply to burgers with a modifier. As long as I don't add a modifier to burgers, they all will have the discount applied. But, when I add a modified burger, all burgers after that burger on the order will not have the discount auto applied regardless of them having a modifier or not. But, the discounts for the burgers above the modified burger will stay on the ticket. Has anyone else had this issue? It's a new issue as of today. 

Thanks,

Dallas

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Discounts not applying to items with modifiers

Best Answer

Thanks for your post @HossBurgerShop. I see you were able to call our CS team to report this issue too and our engineers are working to fix this ASAP.

We believe a small number of sellers are experiencing this issue but as you noticed it's only affecting item sales that where you've set up automatic discounts. It sounds like you were able to find a workaround (thank you for sharing this!) but I'm very sorry about the disruption this is causing. I'll post here to let you know when this has been fully resolved. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HossBurgerShop

One other thing, if I add the burger without modifier and the discount gets added to the ticket, then I go back into the burger modifier screen, I can add a modifier and save the item and the discount will stay on the ticket even though the item is now modified. 

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for your post @HossBurgerShop. I see you were able to call our CS team to report this issue too and our engineers are working to fix this ASAP.

We believe a small number of sellers are experiencing this issue but as you noticed it's only affecting item sales that where you've set up automatic discounts. It sounds like you were able to find a workaround (thank you for sharing this!) but I'm very sorry about the disruption this is causing. I'll post here to let you know when this has been fully resolved. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
Admin

@HossBurgerShop I wanted to let you know we are still wokring on this issue and the fix will be included in the next version of the app for iOS. The next version will be 5.25.1. I don't have a timeline for when this version of the Point of Sale app will be available but it should be soon, I'll let you know when it's ready. 

In the meantime as a workaround you can manually add a discount to the sale.

Thanks again for your patience with this! 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@HossBurgerShop The latest version of the Point of Sale app for iOS (5.25.1) should be available in the App Store by the end of the day today! When you update the app you should be able to use automatic discounts and item modifiers without isssue. 

Thanks again for bearing with us! 

Message 5 of 5