x

Double Counting Loyalty Program Stars

Hi,

I saw several transactions in my system double counted the stars towards the loyalty program.

Can any one tell me why?

Thanks a lot

YOJI

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 2.34.03 PM.png

Message 1 of 7
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @mitu315

I'm sorry for the confusion and any frustration this might've caused.

Unfortunately that's how the system is set up, and I don't have an ETA on when this will be changed. 

This is definitely an area our Loyalty and Payments team can work together to make for a better experience for both sellers and buyers, so I'll be sure to pass along your feedback.

For the time being, you'll need to adjust the stars awarded manually. You can check out this article if you haven't done this before: 

Manually Adjust a Customer’s Loyalty Status

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7

Best Answer

Unfortunately Square does not consult actual business owners before rolling our a product to make sure it would work properly for the real world.  This has been an ongoing theme from Square and the product team.

I would suggest that you (square) create a panel of actual business owners who can test products and review ALL of the specifications before it goes live.  This would allow your non-business tech people to get feedback from real business operators and owners priort to releasing a program you "Think" works but actually has YYYUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE bugs.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I believe that this has actually been fixed and splitting payments will no longer double up Loyalty Points. It will now award the Points to the Last Payment Method. 

See this thread:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Loyalty-Program-Star-awarded-to-2nd-card-payment-...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Hey Yoji, was this transaction split into 2 payment types? Right now that’s unfortunately the way it works if it was paid by both a card and a gift card or something like that - it registers the transaction as being paid for by 2 different people and therefore gives the stars twice. It’s definitely not the best system, but that’s what we have right now. 

If it wasn’t a Split tender situation, can we have some more details?

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 7

Hi Pesso,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, the customer paid $30 using gift card and the rest was credit card. It is unbelievable that square has such a rediculous BUG in the loyalty program.

Do you happen to know how long this bug has been there?

I guess we need some one from square team to give us a offical answer and solution.

Thank you! Merry Christmas!

YOJI

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @mitu315

I'm sorry for the confusion and any frustration this might've caused.

Unfortunately that's how the system is set up, and I don't have an ETA on when this will be changed. 

This is definitely an area our Loyalty and Payments team can work together to make for a better experience for both sellers and buyers, so I'll be sure to pass along your feedback.

For the time being, you'll need to adjust the stars awarded manually. You can check out this article if you haven't done this before: 

Manually Adjust a Customer’s Loyalty Status

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your reply, EJ.

Yes, as you suggested, I am manually checking my THOUSANDS of customers in system and trying to correct this issue, which is so exciting.

Should I say thanks square for that?

YOJI

Message 5 of 7

Best Answer

Unfortunately Square does not consult actual business owners before rolling our a product to make sure it would work properly for the real world.  This has been an ongoing theme from Square and the product team.

I would suggest that you (square) create a panel of actual business owners who can test products and review ALL of the specifications before it goes live.  This would allow your non-business tech people to get feedback from real business operators and owners priort to releasing a program you "Think" works but actually has YYYUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEE bugs.

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I believe that this has actually been fixed and splitting payments will no longer double up Loyalty Points. It will now award the Points to the Last Payment Method. 

See this thread:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Loyalty-Program-Star-awarded-to-2nd-card-payment-...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 7 of 7