x

E-mail campaigns broken in Outlook 2016

I'm testing out e-mail marketing using Square and was impressed by the editor. Formatting HTML e-mails for all clients is a hard problem I figure Square would have solved.

I sent a message to a group of just me using many of the features including creating buttons and inserting products. Upon viewing the message in Outlook 2016 with images set to download, I found many problems.

• Outlook: The company logo at the very top of the message never appears. It doesn't appear when other merchants send my receipts, either. Appears to work on web e-mail clients.
  • Outlook: Buttons are tiny squares that barely surround the text. At 4K high-dpi, the button is pretty much gone and no text is visible. Works on web e-mail clients.
  • All clients: Including an item from an online store generates no links to that item. The item's image isn't clickable, The description isn't clickable. There's not even a way to make the image into a link like I can with other images.

Looking forward to seeing these issues fixed so I can begin using Square's e-mail marketing in earnest.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Lucent, welcome to the seller community!

Thank you for taking the time to test this out, and for sharing your experience. We are aware of some display issues related to emails viewed in Outlook. Our Product team is tracking these reports and I'll be sure that they see your post.

In the meantime, sorry for any inconvenience this may cause — we will certainly update this thread as we receive any additional information.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

It's almost two years later and it still isn't working.  Other vendor emails display images just fine on my apps including Outlook.  I'm hoping Square hasn't forgotten about this issue.  We do spend a lot of cash on your service.

Message 3 of 6

I'm also having the same problem.  Any updates?

Message 4 of 6
Admin

No news to share at this time @pjd. I'm sorry for the trouble this causes in the meantime and I really appreciate your patience here.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 6

TODAY IT WORKED!  After 3 years of nagging Square to get this fixed, I am pleased to report that as of this morning our marketing mails are now fully displaying the graphics in Outlook 2016!  Awesome!  Well, the top banner didn't exactly display correctly, but at least it shows our company logo and a background (picture graphic is not there).  But all picture graphics inserted into the body of the message are displaying, and no broken error messages.

Message 6 of 6