x

EIN AND BUSINESS NAME

Square says my EIN and my Business name does not match.

But I am copying the infrom from my EIN number letter from the IRS.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @Rlr I'm sorry you're having trouble with your EIN number. I remember something similar from a few years ago. I found this info in a help section, maybe this would help. Try this:

Enter your legal name instead of your business name. Please note that a Doing Business As or DBA is not a filing recognized by the IRS. Be sure to enter your full legal name, e.g., John D. Smith DBA “John Smith Enterprises” should be entered as “John D. Smith.”

Message 2 of 4

Sorry HC 

I have copied it mutiple times direct from the IRS letter assigning our EIN and Business name.

I will give it a nother day or two for Square to get it corrected.

Thanks for the help.

I really want to talk to someone. That was the only solution to this same kind of problem when I registered for PayPal.

Rlr

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Okay, sorry you are still having trouble. Just an FYI on my particular case...My biz name was on my IRS filing for EIN number, but for some reason my biz name was not recognized. However, when I used my actual proper name (example: John Smith) instead of my biz name... it went through. Not sure why, maybe because I'm listed as a sole proprietor? Hope you get your problem resolved quickly, good luck 🙂

Message 4 of 4