x

Egift certificates red text in transaction history

Hello Community,

We've never encountered the following situation until today and are unsure of what it means and how to proceed:

We had a client come in for service and wanted to use an egift certificate supposedly containing a balance of $50.  While ringing her up and finishing the check out prices a message appeared indicating that the egift certificate had a $0 balance.

To verify it had never been used, I looked up its transaction history through the Square Dashboard and indeed, there was its original purchase date, listed with a $50 balance.  Directly above that entry, where normally you'd see the first use transaction logged, was a grayed-out "N/A" listed for the receipt number (which Ive never seen before, usually there is a short alphanumeric receipt number), followed by todays date (10/2421), our location name, and the amount of $50 all displayed in RED font. Like this:

N/A10/24/21Massage Revelation$50.00
View10/17/21Massage Revelation+$50.00

All other egift certificate transactions logs I've ever seen looked like this:

#vN579/6/21Massage Revelation$109.15
View6/27/21Massage Revelation+$150.00

Her egift certificate now shows a $0 balance and this specific transaction appears NO WHERE in today's overall transaction log as if no transaction for this particular appointment was ever rung up.

Its as if, while checking her out, her egift certificate balance was wiped, not logged in the days transaction log, and not credited against the $70 that was due for her service.

What happened? What does this mean? 

Any help or guidance on this strange issue is very much appreciated.

Respectfully,

MR Team

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out, @MRPLLC 

We have limited access to accounts on this page, but I encourage you to reach out to our support team directly. A rep will be able to access the account with you so they can troubleshoot this one on one.

Message 2 of 2