x

Not Receiving Email notifications

Our business has suddenly stopped receiving email notifications of when sales are completed and proceeds are deposited to our account. The notifications are not in spam, we haven't changed email address, Square has the proper permissions for our inbox, nothing has changed on our end at all. Just - poof, gone. Any ideas? It has us stumped and also quite frustrated that there's no way to simply contact Square with this probably simple and minor issue. We would like to keep using Square but this is a significant problem as we rely on those notifications in various ways.

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @OilGallery I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with emails. Email notifications can be a finicky issue. Have you tried adding the email address noreply@messaging.squareup.com to your contacts? Sometimes this fixes the issue. 

If not, I recommend giving our Customer Success Team a call! They can take a look at these automated emails on the back end and see if it's an issue with our service. 

If you don't have your Customer Code, I recommend checking out our thread Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it?

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Best Answer

Hello @OilGallery I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with emails. Email notifications can be a finicky issue. Have you tried adding the email address noreply@messaging.squareup.com to your contacts? Sometimes this fixes the issue. 

If not, I recommend giving our Customer Success Team a call! They can take a look at these automated emails on the back end and see if it's an issue with our service. 

If you don't have your Customer Code, I recommend checking out our thread Customer Code & Phone Number - Where is it?

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 2 of 30

I have been having the same issue as well just this past week. 

Message 3 of 30

Hello @yarnstore, have you tried any of the suggestions I mentioned above? 

Message 4 of 30

I put the suggested email addresses in my contacts list. I will see if it works. It appears that I have not received any notifications since February 3.

Message 5 of 30

Adding email assdresses did not work and am waiting for a call back.

Message 6 of 30
Alumni

Hey @yarnstore - I recommend following Chad's next suggested step and reach out to the CS team directly. They'll be able to investigate further where the issue is stemming from. 🤙🏼

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 30

Just put in a call and waiting for response.

Message 8 of 30

They already called back and hopefully it is now resolved.....just waiting for another transaction to take place. Thanks for the guidance.

Message 9 of 30
Alumni

Awesome! And no problem. Hoping you don't run into any further issues. 🤞🏼

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 30

For some reason, I stopped getting my daily emails  from Square on deposts and profits! I don't know if it's going to spam or not, but I've got to go in to my email account and enter the address. Does anybody know what the square address is??? 

Message 11 of 30
Admin

@Cshamis I've moved your post to this thread. You can try adding noreply@messaging.squareup.com as a contact or contact your email provider and ask them to whitelist emails from that address/emails from Square.

If you're still not receiving emails do get in touch with our CS team so they can help!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 30

Since I've updated my email address on my Square account I am no longer getting notifications when I receive a new online order. I've tried updating the notification settings but not having any luck.

Any insight into how I can start receiving these emails again?

Message 13 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @bpub 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! So sorry to hear about the issue receiving email notifications on your account. We are here to help!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding missing email notifications. Take a look at this Best Answer from Chad - he will give you insight into troubleshooting and next steps.

Let us know if you have any clarifying questions! Cheers. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 30
Beta Member

I have noticed I am not receiving any deposit notification emails. Last email was over 3 weeks ago. 

Message 15 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hello @kiaora 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding trouble with email notifications. Take a look at this Best Answer from Chad - he will outline some helpful troubleshooting steps in order to restore your notification preferences and delivery.

This should get you where you need to be! Let us know if that solves it for you. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 30

We have that problem, too.  I have not been getting notifications for over a month.  We have put the notification email address on or spam blockers "whitelist" just to make sure, but still are not receiving them.  I tried adding to my contact list, don't know yet if that will do the trick.  Emailed support today, will wait to hear what they say.

Message 17 of 30

Support called me back and said they had a “hard bounce” on one of my emails. They verified my info and I am now getting the notifications once again.

Message 18 of 30

Same Here, no Email Notification.

Message 19 of 30

Hello @MHyot, if you've tried my suggestions above I recommend reaching out to our CS Team. They can see if you're account is hard bouncing emails like yarnstore's was. 

Message 20 of 30

Never recieve e-mail notification of sales or reports.  Have checked all settings and junk filters.  Not sure what to do.

Message 21 of 30