x

Epson TM M30 Thermal Receipt Printer

Hi, 

Just checking to see if the Epson TM M30 can be used with Square POS? I see it's not on the supported list but hopeful anyway?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Beckyje-

I can verify that the Ethernet and USB version of the Epson TM-m30 is compatible with Square systems. Take a look here for device specific compatibility

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Super Seller

Message 2 of 32

Thanks, I hope Square POS update their drivers soon as Epson no longer sells the TM M10 POS printers

Message 3 of 32

Hello Everybody,

I brought the Epson Tm-m30 ethernet (121) printer, but it is not working on the ethernet-wifi with square. :-(((

Can anybody help to me?

Thank you so much!

Dora from Hungary.

Message 4 of 32
Super Seller

unfortunately, that printer isn't on the supported printers page so it will not connect to it.

Message 5 of 32

Are you planning to update the Android app with the Epson TM M30 soon? It is very interesting as a printer for its design and size.  I'm planning in changing my system to Square but I won't change printers for my 4 shops, 10 printers is a lot of money. Hopefully, you can give it a thought.

Cheers

Message 6 of 32

Hello,

epson tm-30 printer does not working with square, so im really sorry but must change this pos app to another one.

Message 7 of 32
Admin

@Papperino @Teavolution We are tracking this request to support the Epson TM-30 and we'll update this thread if it's supported in future. So sorry no to have better news. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to provide any more details about the benefits of this printer - size / design / efficiency - please let us know so we can share your feedback with the Hardware team! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 32

Hello @Helen,

What I really like about Square is the idea of having a POS that is smaller and good looking. But the Star printers that are supported are enormous. This Epson TM M30 printer is smaller and it's more easily fitted in the desk. It also has a nice design so it can be seen without ruining the visual aspect of the desk. Furthermore, it has very good connectivity features ( USB, WIFI, NFC, Bluetooth, Ethernet). About the price,  it's the same as the Star printers. 

I really thank you for letting us know in the future if it is going to be supported. I believe other apps let you configure the address with a generic ESC/POS and it works, this might help.

Message 9 of 32

Hello @Helen!

It will be very wonderfull!

the Supported printer epson tm-m10 it is not available in the printerโ€™s market.

the new model is the tm-m30, which has many good properties and very easy to use.

i have an epson tm-m30 (121) model, and i can only contact with pos app in ethernet way, but i see square can contact the ethernet printers. 

Please help us and thank you for your kindly support!

good jobb for the hardware team!

bye everyone! Dora

Message 10 of 32
Admin

Thank you @Papperino and @Teavolution! ๐Ÿ’š

@Teavolution You mention that the TM M10 isn't availabe - do you mean that it's not available on the Square Shop or you're finding it hard to buy at all?  

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 32

Dear Helen,

Yes, I couldn't find it in Hungary, nowhere, and the square shop too. ๐Ÿ˜ž Maybe because I'm in Hungary, and the shop does not showing to me all items in your shop.

In Hungary the Epson cooperation say, we have stoped the production the Tm-10 the new model is Tm-30.

Tm-m10 production has been stoped since September of 2018-

This printer the Epson Tm-m30 is very popular in Hungary, and has a very good support. The Star Micronics printers are not so popular in here and they are much more expensive than Epson.

Thank you for your kindly help and support @Helen!

Br, Teavolution

Message 12 of 32
Admin

Oh right, thank you @Teavolution. At this time the Square Shop will only show hardware that's available in countries where card processing is available - so US, Canada, UK, Australia and Japan. I'll share your feedback that the TM-M10 isn't available in Hungary and if we add support for the TM-M30 we'll update this thread to let everyone know! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 32

Hello Any news on this? I also have a tm m30 and it is not working

Message 14 of 32

Hello @Lalechuza!

Nothing. We are also waiting to enable the epson tm-m30 printer.

This is a very hard time for our business, without Square, but we are very positive. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Message 15 of 32

I was doing some searching in relation to the Epson TM-M30 Bluetooth connecting with square. We just connected the Epson TM-M30 Bluetooth Receipt Printer with our Square App and it worked fine. I must admit we found it by accident when trying some new Epson Printers and the TM-M30 was sitting next to the iPad. Found it, tested fine. I am wondering if Square has developed it now but not officially released it.

Cash Register Warehouse

Message 16 of 32
Admin

Thanks for sharing your success here @Cashregistersau! Often, there is still testing that needs to be done with third party hardware so we won't show it as being compatible on our site unless we're 110% sure. But if it's working for you, it could definitely work for others. So thanks again for the update!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 17 of 32

Yes thatโ€™s correct @nika i totally understand and it does seem like there are others that still donโ€™t work which may be because of other factors. We only list your 100% compatible hardware on our site for this reason. Thank you for your response and great to see active admins responding to threads ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 18 of 32
Admin

No problem! That's what we're here for @Cashregistersau๐Ÿ˜ƒ There are a ton of helpful sellers and admins here in the Community so don't hesitate to reach out again!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 32

I bought rhe epson tm m30 printer it worked with my sqaure app and suddenly it didnt wotk anymore

Message 20 of 32

I recently changed from the TM-T82ii to the TM-M30 Bluetooth Receipt Printer

It works fine but sometimes the printer prints out weird unicode characters and then the printer stops working eventhough it's still connected to the app. And it happens in both Bluetooth mode and USB mode.

I have to turn the printer off and on again to fix it, sometimes have to do this twice or three times. But then after a while, it plays up again.

Not sure if it's because of the printer is not officially supported or because of connectivity issue between the square stand and printer.

Here are some photos of the faulty receipts: https://imgur.com/a/9BFPA99

Message 21 of 32