x

Epson TM M30 Thermal Receipt Printer

Hi, 

Just checking to see if the Epson TM M30 can be used with Square POS? I see it's not on the supported list but hopeful anyway?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Beckyje-

I can verify that the Ethernet and USB version of the Epson TM-m30 is compatible with Square systems. Take a look here for device specific compatibility

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Admin

Hey @nextchaptercafe, thanks for bringing this up and providing those images—that shouldn't be happening.

I went to check on this and, you're correct, the TM-M30 Bluetooth Receipt Printer isn't officially supported at this time. We'll update our Support Center as soon as we're able to approve more devices: Hardware Compatibility By Device.

In the meantime, you may want to touch base with Epson directly for additional troubleshooting tips. Hope this helps clear things up a bit more—appreciate your patience as we work to expand coverage.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 22 of 32

It also worked fine on the epson ethernet printer but suddenly when i got home and tried to set it up i could not connect

Message 23 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Nickel777. Thanks for adding your voice here. As Tom mentioned above, compatibility with the TM M30 is not currently available yet. When there is an update to share in this regard, we will be sure to vocalize it here. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 32

It is showing the

Bluetooth Epson TM-m30

Under compatible devices on the square website.... Is it not compatible but Square says it is? I was about to buy one before I found this thread

Message 25 of 32

Hi Beckyje,

When I posted this thread, it wasn't in the compatible list. Even though it can be connected and works fine but it wasn't officially supported/made compatible by Square.

But if it's in the compatible list now as you mentioned, then it should be fine.

Message 26 of 32
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Beckyje-

I can verify that the Ethernet and USB version of the Epson TM-m30 is compatible with Square systems. Take a look here for device specific compatibility

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 27 of 32

Anyone was able to print with the tm m30 on an iPad? Mine works with Shopkeep but can't get it to work with Square. I tried to unpair, disconnect shopkeep without success. 

Message 28 of 32

I got the Tm-M30 to work. I'm such an idiot. I just had to do a reset on the printer. 

Message 29 of 32

I have that printer on another system entirely, and my Square POS on my iPad sees it and prints to it.

Message 30 of 32

However, unsure why others' system don't see the printer.

Message 31 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for chiming in here to help, @El_Capitan! We appreciate it!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 32