x
Covers

Epson TM M30 Thermal Receipt Printer

Hi, 

Just checking to see if the Epson TM M30 can be used with Square POS? I see it's not on the supported list but hopeful anyway?

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: Epson TM M30 Thermal Receipt Printer

Best Answer

if it isn't on the list I would not risk it working as it probably won't.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5084

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Best Answer

if it isn't on the list I would not risk it working as it probably won't.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5084

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
Covers

Thanks, I hope Square POS update their drivers soon as Epson no longer sells the TM M10 POS printers

Message 3 of 24
Teavolution

Hello Everybody,

I brought the Epson Tm-m30 ethernet (121) printer, but it is not working on the ethernet-wifi with square. :-(((

Can anybody help to me?

Thank you so much!

Dora from Hungary.

Message 4 of 24

unfortunately, that printer isn't on the supported printers page so it will not connect to it.

Message 5 of 24
Papperino

Are you planning to update the Android app with the Epson TM M30 soon? It is very interesting as a printer for its design and size.  I'm planning in changing my system to Square but I won't change printers for my 4 shops, 10 printers is a lot of money. Hopefully, you can give it a thought.

Cheers

Message 6 of 24
Teavolution

Hello,

epson tm-30 printer does not working with square, so im really sorry but must change this pos app to another one.

Message 7 of 24
Admin

@Papperino @Teavolution We are tracking this request to support the Epson TM-30 and we'll update this thread if it's supported in future. So sorry no to have better news. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to provide any more details about the benefits of this printer - size / design / efficiency - please let us know so we can share your feedback with the Hardware team! 

Message 8 of 24
Papperino

Hello @Helen,

What I really like about Square is the idea of having a POS that is smaller and good looking. But the Star printers that are supported are enormous. This Epson TM M30 printer is smaller and it's more easily fitted in the desk. It also has a nice design so it can be seen without ruining the visual aspect of the desk. Furthermore, it has very good connectivity features ( USB, WIFI, NFC, Bluetooth, Ethernet). About the price,  it's the same as the Star printers. 

I really thank you for letting us know in the future if it is going to be supported. I believe other apps let you configure the address with a generic ESC/POS and it works, this might help.

Message 9 of 24
Teavolution

Hello @Helen!

It will be very wonderfull!

the Supported printer epson tm-m10 it is not available in the printer’s market.

the new model is the tm-m30, which has many good properties and very easy to use.

i have an epson tm-m30 (121) model, and i can only contact with pos app in ethernet way, but i see square can contact the ethernet printers. 

Please help us and thank you for your kindly support!

good jobb for the hardware team!

bye everyone! Dora

Message 10 of 24