x
Beta Member

Epson TM-T20II prints extremely slow

Using Square on an ipad and using our Epson TM20II for printing tickets and receipts. Everything works great except for one thing: The printer prints EXTREMELY slowly. Like a full 5-10 seconds for a small receipt. We have way too much volume to wait on tickets that take this long to print. Does anyone have any experience with this and have any idea how to correct this problem?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Thanks for your post @primopasso, we haven't heard similar reports of this but it certainly sounds frustrating. Can you try these troubleshooting steps for Epson printers in our Support Center? (When you click that link may need to scroll down see the specific steps under Epson printers.)

If you've already completed the steps and your receipts/printer are still slowly it could be the internet connection at your location. Have you called your internet provider directly to ask them about that yet? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 15

Hi, we have a similar problem. The printer prints extremely slow and the printing speed is at 13(highest). I also tried printing from other applications such as notepad apart from our POS, it still prints really slow. Did you find any solution?

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

Sorry to hear @aasiakohvik2020 - did you try Helen's suggestion above? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

We have the same issue. When we switched to Square from Talech we could get Talech receipts to print immediately, but Square receipts would take a long time. We still haven't figured out a solution.

Message 5 of 15
Square Community Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your receipts printing slowly! Have you had a chance to try Helen's suggestions regarding troubleshooting with Epson and checking your internet speeds?

AshleyK
Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

We have. Talech would print right away from the same device to the same printer while Square would take up to 30 seconds to start printing.

Message 7 of 15

@ThomasElCharro what hardware are you using with your point of sale system right now? Is it an iPad, Square Register, etc.? If it's an iPad, do you know what year/model it is?

AshleyK
Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

I’m using iPads 6th Gen and Epson Printers.

Message 9 of 15

Do you get the same issue if you print from another device using Square Point of Sale?

AshleyK
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

I’ve tried different iPads and different Epson printers with the same result.

Message 11 of 15

Ok. That's definitely really strange! I have a feeling it is because of the older iPad as things don't always run as efficiently on the older iOS platforms. If you've worked with Epson already, your next step would be to contact Support so they can file a ticket with engineering. 

AshleyK
Message 12 of 15

It's really frustrating the issue of slow printing speed. Before ticket number stub used to print first then the order ticket now order ticket prints in 15 seconds even if there is just one line then number stub prints. By the time ticket number prints customer has gone to other stalls. It creates lots of problem. I am seriously considering to move on from square.  May be they have grown too big too soon so one or few frustrated clients matter nothing to them. 

Message 13 of 15

Hi @Piggynmoo,

Thank you for writing into our seller community, and sorry to hear about the frustrating experience with your printing speeds. Please reach out to our CS team here when you get a chance, so we can take a closer look at your account and settings, go through some troubleshooting, and file a ticket with our engineers if necessary. 

Ps. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

Hi everyone! I was having this exact issue for months. I tried all the troubleshooting tips and nothing worked. Today I spoke to a Square Customer Service representative who suggested uninstalling Square for Retail and reinstalling it. It worked!! No more slow printing.

Brianne

SproutHouse Supply

Brianne
SproutHouse Supply
Message 15 of 15