x

Eventhough I have an ITIN, Square does not accept.

Ive already filled in all my information and i put my business information but when i enter my ITIN it doesn’t accept it and i don’t know what to do so is their someone who can help with this

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Horacioos

Unfortunately there's not much we can help with when it comes to verifying your identity to activate card processing with Square. 

We don't have access to the information that you enter, so there's no way for us to know what piece of information is or isn't being accepted. 

You're only allowed a few attempts at this, so it's good to remember that once you exhaust these attempts you won't be allowed any additional chances to apply. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Hi @Horacioos

Unfortunately there's not much we can help with when it comes to verifying your identity to activate card processing with Square. 

We don't have access to the information that you enter, so there's no way for us to know what piece of information is or isn't being accepted. 

You're only allowed a few attempts at this, so it's good to remember that once you exhaust these attempts you won't be allowed any additional chances to apply. 

Message 2 of 14

oh,

so based on your answer , im not sure i knoq what to do.

there is no access for m. either 

is there anyone to talk to ?

thanks.

Message 3 of 14
Alumni

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. If you'd like to get in touch with support, you can reach them via email (I Don't Have An Account > Other > I Don't See My Issue > Email Support).

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 14

sane issue with my account.

everything is approved except my ITIN.

frustrating 

please help.

Shahar

Message 5 of 14

hello.

so , i have my EIN# and mu ITIN# , but still can not registered

i do not have a SSN as in individualy not a US resident.

can i still sign up ?

thnaks

Message 6 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

I found out that if the name you enter doesn't match the ITIN exactly it will be rejected.  Make sure you are entering the correct information.

Message 7 of 14

im willing to do wherever it takes. 

but it doesnt allow me to do any changes NOR getting a code for customer assitance.

frustrating

Shahar

Message 8 of 14

Hi Shahar, did you finally manage to create an account, I am having the same problem, let me know, thanks

Message 9 of 14

hello,
no. unfortunately I couldn't find a way to solve that issue with square. and im still looking for a solution. 
if any solution that can help me - it would be great.

Message 10 of 14

hi I have problems to submit my ITIN number to verify my account, any solution?

Message 11 of 14

Hi there, @mvp1 - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. So sorry for the trouble here! Are you receiving a specific error message when trying to edit your EIN or TIN? 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 14

Was this ever sorted for you? I am having similar problem. 

Message 13 of 14

I filled out all my info correctly just as my itin. I have the same issue. I live and study in USA. I have used itin on Facebook marketplace and to apply for a credit card online and everything works fine. Just not working on square. 

Message 14 of 14