x

Every time I enter my EIN it says it doesn't match the IRS records and I'm not sure why?

I have an EIN and an LLC but whenever I attempt to add it to the account it says it doesn't match IRS records. I have a slightly bizzare address it's 140 "Street name" Num 5, City, State, Zip. Should I be putting the Num 5 with the main address or in the Suite field> I've tried both. I'm not sure what else to do.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ArkyBark

As @mtnwswbob mentioned, it is important to enter your address exactly as it appears on your tax return! This is beacuse you enter your information on the Dashboard Square automatically checks to verify your information matches what the IRS has on file. 

This Support Center article has more information about updating your Taxpayer Identification Number.

If you're seeing a specific error message when you try to add your address please let our Support team know so they can investigate! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Developer

Make sure the address matches exactly what is registered at your bank or on your tax returns.
Our business was registered using our home address before we had a physical location. Maybe you have something similar? 

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ArkyBark

As @mtnwswbob mentioned, it is important to enter your address exactly as it appears on your tax return! This is beacuse you enter your information on the Dashboard Square automatically checks to verify your information matches what the IRS has on file. 

This Support Center article has more information about updating your Taxpayer Identification Number.

If you're seeing a specific error message when you try to add your address please let our Support team know so they can investigate! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 7

I am attempting to input my EIN number into the system but I keep getting an error that the information is incorrect. I am inputting the information exactly how it is on the form from IRS and I was able to setup a Paypal account with the same information.

Message 4 of 7

The tax id is wrong and when I try to edit it I get an error stating that the tax information does not match what the IRS has on record for my business.   I have supplied the correct TAX ID.  It is impossible to reach technical support.

Message 5 of 7

I have an LLC and currently have an EIN number. I am trying to enter it into Square payroll but Square only allows for 8 digit numbers to be entered and an EIN number is 9 digits. Can someone at Square please fix this so that we can file our taxes properly?

Kimberly Ford
Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Our Payroll team would be able to look into this with you, @WhtSquirrelClay! 🐿 

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7