x

Exported Customer CSV - Doesn't include accurate data from CUSTOMIZED customer fields!

Hi all,

When we download the CSV, it includes columns for all customer information, however, for the customized customer fields, the data is all zeros. Why is it not downloading this information properly? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @pdxdiaperbank,

Thanks for surfacing this and I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. That should not be happening. 🤔

It's a bit tough to troubleshoot these issues without taking a deeper dive into the account, though are you able to try opening the CSV with a different software program (e.g. Numbers or Excel)? If you're still encountering this issue after trying that out, I would suggest getting in touch with our CS Team. They'll be able to take a closer look at specifics and escalate internally if necessary. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your response, Tom! We downloaded the CSV using Excel (on a Mac). It didn't provide a software option for downloading, it just defaulted Excel. Thoughts? Thanks. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for that information, @pdxdiaperbank. Any chance your Mac has Numbers? If so, you can try opening the CSV by selecting the file from Downloads > right click the file name > Open With > select Numbers from the dropdown menu.

If this doesn't solve the display the issue or if you're not able to access another spreadsheet software, please let me know and I'll open a case with our CS Team for you—they'll be able to view the specific file that's not behaving correctly and escalate from there.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 6

Hi again, we tried downloading with multiple browsers/programs, and still no luck. We may have found a way to avoid needing to download the spreadsheet at our event, however, it would still would be good to investigate this a bit further (just in case we need to)... Thanks. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for taking the time to give it a try—sorry this is still happening. I've shared your post with our CS Team and asked them to take a closer look into the specific spreadsheet that's causing the trouble. They'll reach out directly to the email address that's tied to your Square account. 

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 6