x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

I was wondering if there has been any updates to the square terminal so that it synchs with square appointments? I would love to use it to check out clients. I find it is confusing for people when I check them out on my phone, where they cannot see a breakdown of products and services. Thanks in advance!

Hi there, @skinbyori! Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the Seller Community! We are always stoked to see new faces around here.

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a similar thread of Sellers asking for compatibility for the Terminal and our Appointments feature. While there is no update to share in regards to this availability yet, merging your post will make it easier for us to update you when there is news to share.

Thanks so much for your patience here! Hopefully we will have an update soon. 

I use square appointments for my clients & recently got the square terminal. I’m wondering if there’s a way to check out my clients via the terminal with their appointment? Like being able to go through their appointment to check them out like I can on my phone, but the terminal instead. I apologize if this doesn’t make sense!

Alumni

No need to apologize @jamesakiss, I understand you just fine!

Unfortunately the Square Terminal doesn't support the Appointments software at this time. You'll need to use a phone, an iPad or Android Tablet. 

Thanks for your patience as we work to expand availability across all Square devices. I merged you to a thread so we can easily update you as well as others looking for the same thing. 

🙂 

Beta Member

I would very much like if Square terminal was integrated with Square appointments.  It would be very convenient to only have to use one device.

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on this feature request! I've merged your post with an existing thread involving Square Appointments being on the Square Terminal so we can keep all the requests in one place. 

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

I'm an appointment based business and I just purchased the Terminal, not realizing it doesn't connect to the app to process the checkout. If I process a client's transaction on the Terminal, how do I then complete the appointment checkout in Appointments without it asking for payment again? I tried to open a ticket first, but there doesn't seem to be a way to open a ticket with the actual appointment. 

Beta Member

Hi, I am a service based business as well, unfortunately their is no way to do that yet. This is a feature that should be added to the square terminals! 

So do you just leave your appointments checked in on the Appointment app and process the transaction for the amount of the appointment through Terminal? I'm just trying to figure out how this works