x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments
Beta Member

@renee123  Yes currently that is what I do, which is a bit of a pain sometimes. I wish they had a separate way to close the appointment from a payment and/or link a previous transaction to the appointment. @Helen & @Kassi_  is this something we can request?

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @meggyj113

Definitely! I will go ahead and tag this as a Feature Request for our Product Team. 

Thank you for reaching out about it! 

I purchased the Square Terminal for use in my salon. I looked more professional and instilled more trust from my clients when using their credit card when completing a transaction. When I began checking out clients on the Appointments app, I noticed I could not 'Save' the transaction at checkout so that I could pull it up on the Square Terminal; I had to use the reader on my phone. 

Since I have returned the Square Terminal but I would like to get it again.

The Feature Request is for the 'Save' button in the Appointments app and the ability of those saved transactions to be accessible from the Square POS 'Tickets' list.

When the client pays for their services, they would have the ability to pay with their credit card or apple device on the Square Terminal and the Appointment reflect as Transaction Complete in the Appointment App. 

I am contributing my input concerning syncing Square Terminal to Square Appointments. I found it hard to believe and am disappointed to find out that this is not yet a function. It seems like it would be obvious that if one books an appointment on a [Mac] laptop using Square Appointments and then closes a sale with the Square Terminal, the two should be reconciled at the closing of a business day. As is, this creates extra work and sales data in multiple locations. Would love to see Square Retail, Appointments and Terminal all working together.

respectfully, 

Ron5

And we appreciate you adding your voice here, @Ron5! We can confirm that we are actively looking to expand the breadth of our Appointments capabilities to cover more of our Hardware offering.

As soon as we have more of an accurate timeline to share in regards to Appointments availability on the Square Terminal, everyone here on this thread will be the first to know. 

Thanks for your patience!

That's excellent, Thank you. Salon business everywhere will be happy to see that happen!

We agree! Thanks again for your patience, @Ron5! Have a great day!

Beta Member

This is incredibly inconvenient to not be able to push through appointments via the terminal. Is there a timeline on such an update? I specifically switched from another company for easier workflow and this is unfortunately a major roadblock. 

Hi there, @LeighD - we hear you, here. And we appreciate your honesty. I can confirm that Appointments capabilities for the Terminal is on the road-map for our Product Teams, but we do not have an accurate timeline to share just yet. When we do, we will vocalize all news here on this thread.

Thanks so much for your patience. 

Beta Member

I use Square Appointments via a Surface Pro. When I select "Take Payment" I am given the option to manually enter a card. Can I link this to the Square Terminal so that when I check out an appointment I am able to use the Terminal automatically without needing to recreate the transaction in order to take the payment on the terminal? I would like to link the cash drawer as well.