x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments

I just started the process to use the appointments for our tea service and yes was disappointed  that it does not sync with the terminal.  I love the terminal by the way get lots of complements on it especially with this whole virus thing.  At any rate my only option is to have the appointments come thru my computer or my phone which is ok but if I have someone at the counter it would be nice to book it right there and they can put their card in so I can put it on file a deposit and/or cancellation fees.   Hope you can integrate this soon..

Mama Baer

Alumni

Hey there @EvolveKelly - the Square Terminal is not an accessory to your Surface Pro and is intended to stand alone. So unfortunately you cannot link the two. 

As for your Cash drawer, is it USB or printer driven? Which device are you trying to connect it to - the Square Terminal or the Surface Pro? 

Massage business here...I would also really love to have the terminal and appointments app work together!! 

Beta Member

Ugh! I am one of the foolish buyers who purchased the terminal w/out reading whether it would be compatible with appointments. I was hoping for a solution that would allow us to get away from using iPads but I guess I was just to optimistic.

@nika is there any timeline on when this integration or functionality might be available? Unfortunately for our business it just isn't an option to have our payment system separated from our scheduling. Wish Square would have done better with this device because it is a beautiful piece of hardware. 😞

Now I have to go back to the dreaded iPads which are an overpriced POS. pun somewhat intended.

Beta Member

We purchased the square terminal and loved it. However we just added square appts. We are a beauty salon and wanted to set up online booking. THEY DONT CONNECT?????!! 

Please tell me there is an update in progress for this. We have invested a lot of money in square and all of its services. we have been very happy and this saddens me. 

We don't always want our staff on our computers at the same time we would like to keep transactions in client profiles. this is an important and needed feature to continue with contactless payment that that it is encouraged since COVID. 

Thanks! 

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Annagonzalez11

I have bad news - Appointments still isn't available to use on the Square Terminal. Other sellers have made the same Feature Request, so I have merged your post with that thread.

Once there is a Product Update to be shared, one of the moderators will be able to post it here! I appreciate you taking the time to add your voice to this request. 

In the meantime if you want to return the terminal, you can here

Thank you!

Hello! Does the square terminal reader Work with the appointments app? Thanks

Beta Member

I assume since it’s beyond 30 days I can’t return the terminal?

Hi @Polished,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community where another seller asked this.

@nika answered this above. 

Hey @Annagonzalez11,

Returns can only be made within the first 30 days yes.

Here's our Returns/Warranty page here