x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments
Beta Member

It does not. When we added appts not knowing it wasn’t in the terminal it has created my problem for us. 

Beta Member

@JustinC  I would appreciate a suggestion for optimizing the workflow. Currently if I check out an appointment on the Surface Pro I need to enter the credit card information manually. If I take payment for the appointment using the Terminal the payment is not linked to the appointment. 

My goal is to be able to check out an appointment, ideally using the Surface Pro, and either swipe a credit card or take cash/check and have the drawer open in a single transaction. Is this possible and if so what do I need to do or get in order to make it possible?

Beta Member

Is there any update on this particular issue. If there will be a solution soon?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mrs-hack! Thanks for reaching out and checking in on this feature. We don't have a shareable timeline or update just yet but look to have some positive news on this front very soon.

We appreciate your patience!

Beta Member

@Joe Thanks for the quick reply and very excited to see it in the future. 

Square Community Moderator

@Mrs-hack 📈🙌

Alumni

@EvolveKelly 

Ah, I see. You'll need the Appointments POS App downloaded to an iPad or Android tablet. That's the only way to checkout using a POS set up. 

Most sellers purchase a Square Stand for their iPad to connect third party accessories like a USB cash drawer and USB printer. If you don't want to spend that kind of money, you can settle for a Ethernet printer and printer driven cash drawer so the tablet can communicate over a wifi signal. 

Beta Member

Do any of you use square appts and have the square terminal? 

there is no way to connect the two. 
have any of you come up with a creative solution?
We don’t have a receptionist so we are all checking out our own clients. It’s awkward for my staff to be asking their own customer for tips when checking them out on the computer. 

or is there a way we can connect the screen or an iPad to our computer to help make it better for my staff so customers can sign and tip? 

TIA

Alumni

@Annagonzalez11 - Customers can sign and tip in the Appointments App. Download it to a device for a mobile solution. 

Beta Member

It’s just upsetting that I spent so much on a terminal and can no longer use it for my business, my cash drawer button is the only thing I use it for know 😕